Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Chocolate attack

First, forgive me for not blogging about my grocery trip last Friday.  I will say I stayed within budget....Friday.  But I had to go to the bread store and that blew the budget.  Not that $17 dollars worth of bread at .69 to .99 is bad, but I did go over this week.   This is hard stuff!  Still trying to get coupons in a paper.  What happened Sunday?!

Today, however, I had a major chocolate craving.  Since I had these ingredients on hand, I made this gooey goodness up.  It won't last the night, but well worth every single calorie and gram of fat.

This is actually Pampered Chef Gooey Carmel Corn bars. Since I had to decipher the recipe, I've renamed it Chocolate Caramel bars.

Below is the ingredients list and directions so anyone, can make it whether you own the first Pampered Chef tools or not.

Chocolate Caramel Bars


1/4 cup butter
2 TBSP milk
1 bag caramel corn (1 bag will almost fill a 13x9 baking dish, 2 bags will definitely and give a thicker "crust")
1 cup marshmallows
1/4 cup peanuts
1 cup chocolate chips
1 bag of caramel candies
1/4 cup butter

First set aside 1 cup of caramel corn.
Crush the remaining caramal corn (I used a storage bag)  Place in large mixing bowl.
Second unwrap all your caramel candies and place in a microwavable bowl
Add 2 TBSP milk and 1/4 butter (the real stuff) to the caramel candies. Microwave 30 secs at a time till smooth melted.  Stir every 30 secs.
Add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the caramel mixture.  Stir till melted.
Set aside 1 cup of Chocolate/caramel mixture.
Add the chocolate/caramel mixture to your bowl of caramel corn.  Mix well and spread into the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish.  I spray my hands with cooking spray and use my hands to do this.
Pour part of your caramel/chocolate mixture over the "crust"
Put your marshmallows, peanuts and the caramel corn on top.
Use the remaining chocolate/caramel mixture to drizzle over the whole thing.
Freeze till set.
This is good frozen, but I believe in eating my chocolate at room temperature and believe me, this is good that way too if it lasts that long!

Calories: Are you kidding me?
Fat:  Does it matter if you are eating this?
Sugars:  Send the kids outside, they're going to have a sugar buzz.


***UPDATE...The original recipe says to put it in the freezer.  Please eat it at room temperature.  It's going to be gooey, but save your teeth.  It won't last long anyway.  By 9pm, the dish was empty without even a crumb.



No comments:

Post a Comment