Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Art of Patience

Ahhh, a new blog entry.  As I patiently wait for God to work in me, I am learning to be a more willing homemaker.  Patience being the key here....patience is not a virtue with me.  But, I am willing.  While I learn patience and that everything is in God's hands, I am filling in the gaps with things like my ghost below for Trunk or Treat at Lena Baptist Thursday night.  Now, since I'm in a little competition, I'm not giving too much away, this is only one part of my Suburban decoration.  My digital compact doesn't do well in low light and doens't want to use the flash, so I will put the finished decoration on Facebook Thursday.


Now a little couponing.  There are going to be bad weeks and last week was one.  We had a family day last Friday since the kids didn't have school.  It threw me bad....I'm not set in habits, but being so new to couponing, change in how I do this just throws me!  Then Tuesday, I realized I didn't get a Saturday paper that was on my list (another busy day).  Don't ask why I didn't remember on Monday, I seemed to have skipped Monday this week.  So, I will be back on the online flyers to make this weeks grocery list.  When you don't get the groceries you need, you do get more creative with dinner.  Last night we had stew that cooked all afternoon....oh yum.  Then on inspiration (and lack of bread) I baked two loaves of homemade bread.  I have the hardest time getting yeast doughs to rise correctly, I'm about every other batch, so I was thrilled to produce 2 soft, fluffy well risen loaves of bread. 

Today will be homemade noodles for Chicken noodle soup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment